This conference will address different topic as the Critical Raw Materials strategy in the European Union and the importance of innovation in Circular Economy and count on important high level local and international speakers contributions such as the EU Committee of the Regions, the European Commission-DG of Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs and the European Association of Regional Development Agencies (EURADA), among others. In this event, the global regional strategy for Critical Raw Materials at EU level is going to be discussed by relevant authorities, at time that a working group interlinking authorities and technologists will be created to develop regional roadmaps in synergy and communicate to EU Commission.
ICCRAM “International Research Center in Critical Raw Materials for Advanced Industrial Technologies” is organizing in collaboration with the Regional Council of Lapland, the European Regions Research and Innovation Network (ERRIN) and Agency of Innovation, Business Financing and Internationalization of Castilla y León (ADE), the high level conference “European Regions in the Critical Raw Materials strategy and the Circular Economy Policy” that will be celebrated in Burgos on 27th October 2016.
The conference is hosted by ICCRAM and will be held at University of Burgos, Aula Magna located in the historic building of Hospital del Rey: Hospital del Rey s/n, 09001, Burgos https://goo.gl/maps/YSM1aF2TZtm
To reach the conference venue there will be available a special bus service on the 27th October from Abba Hotel at 08.15 am. https://goo.gl/maps/YqtgwWRRRJw
How to reach Burgos
Burgos is easy to be reached by plane to Madrid (Barajas Airport), then from T4 in Barajas, you can find a direct BUS (about 20 euros and 2h.30min to reach Burgos) by company ALSA (https://www.alsa.es/). Our recommendation is to take the “SUPRA” bus that offers refreshments and possibility of individual sit (departure from Madrid at 13:15 and 15:15 all days)
Burgos can be also accessed by train (RENFE) from Madrid (Chamartin station), and by car from Madrid Barajas and Bilbao Airport (2h).
- BY BUS
- Bus Station address & Telephone: C/ Miranda, 4-6. (0034) 947 288 855
- Bus Company (for Bilbao, Madrid and Barajas Airport, buy tickets online): https://www.alsa.es/en/home
- How to reach the venue by the bus station: the best option is 30 minutes walk.
- City Bus Line: http://www.aytoburgos.es/movilidad-y-transporte
- Burgos Taxi Telephone: +34 94 727 77 77
- BY TRAIN
- Railway station address: Avenida Príncipe de Asturias s/n
- Railway Company (buy tickets online): http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html
- Railway Station Telephone: 902 240 202
- How to reach the venue by the train station: the best option is to take a taxi (around 15 euros)
- Abba Burgos Hotel: http://www.abbaburgoshotel.com/en/home.html
- Hotel Rice Palacio de los Blasones: http://www.hotelricepalaciodelosblasones.com/
- NH Hotel: http://www.nh-collection.com/hotel/nh-collection-palacio-de-burgos
- AC Burgos: http://www.espanol.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rgsbu-ac-hotel-burgos/
- See other accommodations in the web page of the event: http://www3.ubu.es/ccrms/
To take the most of your stay in the city, we suggest the following museums and monuments:
- The Cathedral of Burgoshttp://www.catedraldeburgos.es/
- The Royal Monastery of Las Huelgashttp://www.monasteriodelashuelgas.org/
- The Museum of Human Evolution http://www.museoevolucionhumana.com/en/
- The Charterhouse of Mirafloreshttp://www.cartuja.org/
- Atapuerca: http://www.atapuerca.org/